The depression has set in; I feel like I have lost an old friend. My husband gave me a weird look when I slumped across the couch saying, “I miss my cable TV, and I want it back!” This uneasy feeling, and tightness in my chest won’t go away. I told him, “I’m going to need a lot of liquor to get through this.”
Here is what I miss about Cable TV:
- Having an on screen TV Guide. How in the world am I gonna know when Bachelor Pad, or other stupid shows I watch come on??
- Being able to record shows. It was like a present that I would get to open every night after everyone went to bed. “Why hello, I had no idea Project Runway started up again!”
- Being able to pause and rewind live TV. Cray-Cray decides to open up his mouth and yell at the WORST times; and then there is the teen when she comes out to vent to us about who isn’t friends with who anymore for 30 minutes straight!!!!
- Not having to search streaming services and TV apps and websites desperately hoping to find my shows, and not just clips. BTW, Hulu and/or Amazon Instant Video need to hurry up and show Duck Dynasty, The Killing, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead (and not charge extra).
- Not having the safeguard of my DVR recording my shows when they switch to a different night or time
- Being able to put Nick Jr on in the morning and just leaving it. Instead, I now have to have a discussion, find a show on the streaming service, possibly switch devices, and sometimes get stuck watching nothing but LITTLE BILL ALL MORNING LONG TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!!!! Whereas before, it was this is what is on and that’s what your options are. End of story.
- When Cray-Cray goes down for his nap and I want some background noise, I can’t just quickly find something on cable to turn on, now I have to FIND something on one of our devices and/or streaming services.
I’m pretty sure this will be the end of me… or my sanity.